Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
Peas are about the only vegetable my DH likes, and this micowave recipe is so quick and easy. It came from the back of a bag of frozen peas!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sweet peas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- black pepper, to taste
- In a 2 quart dish, combine peas and water; cover and microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and microwave again on HIGH for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Add salt to taste, if necessary.
Dressed-up peas! My mother added water chestnuts to peas, and I had not had them that way in many years! Love the crunch! Made for the L-O-V-E Train 2012.
The water chestnuts added a nice crunch to the peas. It was very quick and easy recipe.