Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adopted in the Great Zaar Adoption 2005. Cook time = Chill time.
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 graham cracker crust
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- Mix all ingredients, except chopped peanuts, until well blended.
- Pour into Graham Cracker Crust and sprinkle with peanuts.
- Chill 2 hours before serving.
I have made this same pie for years even though I only use 3 ounces of cream cheese. It is so easy to make. I have used the crunch peanut butter instead of just adding them on top, however the extra peanuts on top make a great presentation.
I've been making this for over 35 years, but I've found making my own regular pie crust instead of graham cracker is better and cuts down on the sweetness. I also top with my own whipped cream and shredded chocolate or glazed pecans. It's s show stopper!
This pie is so sweet and yummy! I made as directed, creaming everything by hand, and would prefer less cream cheese when made again --it's so rich! I also used crunchy peanut butter and loved the texture! Such an easy treat for your family!