Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a quick dish to make, and you can adjust all ingredients to taste.
- 4 -6 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs boneless pork, cut in 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dryed chili flakes (or to taste)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice (undrained)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- hot cooked rice (any amount)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over med-high heat.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper, then brown on all sides.
- Add in onions, garlic and dryed chili flakes (if using); stir for 2 minutes.
- Add pineapple with juice, cornsyrup, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce; bring to a boil reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally (about 25-30 minutes) or until pork is tender.
- Add in chopped green pepper; cook for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with water; stir into pork mixture; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, over medium heat; boil for 1 minute.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.