Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Super easy, light and tasty cake. Great as a light finish after dinner.
- 1 3⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 150 g butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180C (375F).
- Place flour and sugar in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine butter, eggs, honey and sour cream mix until well combined.
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon mix into ring tin and bake 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
Super easy to make, i use greek honey yogurt instead of sour cream.
I wanted a recipe for a dessert using honey. Came across this today and made it. I followed the recipe exactly (after I figured out 150g of butter was 10.5 tablespoons!) and it came out light and sweet. I drizzled honey on top when it came out of the oven, then loosely covered while warm, so it was so moist and sweet, but not too sweet. We can definitely taste the honey, but its not overpowering. Kids and I love it. This will be a regular at our house. Thanks for posting it.
I also added 3/4 tsp baking powder instead of the self rising flour. I used fat free plain yogurt instead of sour cream. It turned out yummy! Very moist with the perfect taste of honey. I am going to serve it to my kids tonight after a homeshcool feild trip to a bee farm. It will be perfect with some warm melted honey-butter drizzled over it. I would not call it fluffy like others did, but not too dense either... just really moist. The baking time was perfet... 30 min at 375 and it was perfectly done. Enjoy!