Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is so simple and quick to put together, it is a great recipe to make after work as it can be on the table in about 30 Min's. The spiciness of the dish will depend on the brand of satay sauce you buy, mine is a medium spice and I add extra chili flakes as well, so you can make this as mild or as spicy as you like to suit personal preference. I serve this dish over basmati rice but serve with whatever you want if you do not make the rice it would be on the table even quicker.
Top Review by Chef floWer
This was quick and easy! I had sitting in the fridge a pack of chicken breast, heap of spring onions and sitting in my pantry were the rest of the ingredients. I kept to the recipe except I added the chilli flakes with the spring onions, so the family could judge for themselves how hot they wanted it. The meal was ready within 30 minutes. Served it with crusty bread. Thank you The Flying Chef
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 800 g chicken breasts (If you serve this as is without the rice I would up the chicken to 1kg-1.1kg for 4.) or 800 g chicken tenders, chopped into pieces (If you serve this as is without the rice I would up the chicken to 1kg-1.1kg for 4.)
- 2 brown onions, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 ml water
- 4.92 ml chicken stock
- 150 ml satay sauce
- 4.92 ml chili flakes
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, stir fry chicken in batches, until browned all over and cooked. Remove and set to one side.
- Cook onion and garlic in same wok, stir-until onion softens.
- Return chicken to pan, add remaining ingredients except green onion, stir-fry until everything is hot and sauce has thickened slightly.
- To serve: Spoon chicken over rice and sprinkle with green onions.