Recipe by Little Bee
When you don't have time (or don't feel well enough) to make your soup totally from scratch, this is a very easy, very good substitute. I know that traditional Chicken Noodle soup does not have Garlic or Italian spices in it but since I am Italian I think that garlic should be added into practically everything and especially soup for its medicinal values. This will cure what ails you!
Top Review by Accounting Princess
This recipe is wonderful! I'll disclose my mods: frozen egg noodles in place of dry and an extra can of chicken broth in place of vegetable broth. So good and so simple! I've made this twice now and both times it got rave reviews from my fiance. Purely by accident, I made a more 'chicken and noodles' dish than a 'chicken noodle soup' dish because I accidentally left out a can of broth the first time around. It was still amazing, just a different consistency. This will be my go-to soup, for sure.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (1644.27 g) can chicken broth
- 411.06 g can vegetable broth
- 226.79 g chopped cooked chicken breast
- 354.88 ml egg noodles
- 236.59 ml sliced carrot
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion, celery, and garlic in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.