Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 59.16 ml chopped onions
- 29.58 ml butter
- 354.88 ml diced cooked chicken
- 236.59 ml diced celery
- 473.18 ml vegetables, of your choice (oriental, carrots, water chestnuts, ect)
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- chow mein noodles or rice
- Brown onions in butter.
- Add chicken, celery and other veggies.
- Mix chicken broth, soy sauce and sugar and pour into pan with chicken and veggies.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Thicken with the 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with just a little bit of water.
- Serve over chow mein noodles or rice.
I liked this recipe very much! I didn't use the cornstarch though because the broth had reduced down. I thought it was an excellent recipe. Thanks Shelli!!!!
great recipe, i put cabbage and carrots in. i used alot more soya sauce tho. but came out great.
This was very tasty! I used leftover rotiserie chicken and frozen Oriental vegetables. I didn't need to use the cornstarch as there was no real "juices" to speak of. I served this over brown rice. Thanks Shelli!