Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A holiday tradition at our house. A food processor makes quick work of the job. You can roll the cheese ball in pecans if you like but we prefer cayenne pepper for that extra kick.
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- Insert the metal blade into your food processor and turn it on.
- Drop chunks of the sharp cheddar cheese into the food processor and process until the cheese is smooth.
- With the processor still running, add in the cream cheese and mix until you no longer see white streaks.
- Add the garlic powder and mix.
- Remove the blade from the bowl and dump the cheese on to a sheet of waxed paper.
- At this point the cheese ball may be too warm and you may need to refrigerate it for a few minutes before you can shape it.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper on a sheet of waxed paper and roll the cheese ball in the cayenne pepper.