Recipe by LisaGay
I love rice dressing (aka "dirty rice"), but don't always have the time it takes to make from scratch. This is a pretty good substitute! Very tasty, for so little effort. It only takes 5 minutes of prep time! It's a great side dish for roast chicken or barbecue. Freezes beautifully.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 -3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed French onion soup (onion soup with beef stock)
- 1 cup raw long grain rice
- 3 -4 dashes Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion top (green part only)
Directions See How It's Made
- Very thoroughly, mix raw ground beef with all ingredients except for green onion tops.
- (Must be mixed very well) Spoon in casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray, and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and stir in green onions, mixing very well again.
- Recover with foil and bake for 1/2 hour more.
- Stir and fluff with fork before serving.