Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Love this recipe because it so easy to make, yet so good. Can add shrimp sautéed in garlic or ham and onion, be creative, add whatever you like and it's turns out great each time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- Cut cream cheese in about 10 small cubes.
- Cut butter into five slices.
- Add all ingredients together into sauce pan over low heat.
- Do not let it boil.
- Constantly stir until all ingredients have melted together.
- Serve over favorite noodle.
This recipe is the best home-made alfredo sauce! One suggestion - substitute 1/2C each freshly grated romano and asiago for the 1C parmesan. We added crab meat for a seafood alfredo that even the kids loved!
This is a very quick and easy recipe that can be adapted to a Solo meal ... and works great in the microwave. For enough sauce to meet the needs of a cup of dried pasta, use 2 ounces each of cream cheese and milk, and one ounce of butter. Microwave on high for about a minute and 45 seconds. Take it out, stir, and add a couple ounces or more of parmesan cheese. Stiring in the parmesan cheese last will help thicken the sause.
I added a bit of basil garlic and oregano to this and it was a perfect 5 - thanks so much for the great idea for dinner on a Wednesday Night.