Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep3 hrs 10 mins
Better than an ordinary pie crust!
Make and share this Quiche Pastry recipe from Food.com.
- Mash together cream cheese and butter.
- Sprinkle in flour and salt; mash with a fork until they are just tiny grains.
- Then knead only once or twice, until it just comes together.
- Place mixture in buttered bowl, seal with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Roll between 2 pieces of wax paper an hour before using.
- Fit the pan, crimp edges, and freeze at least 45 minutes.
- Jab holes in it with a fork and bake in a 400 degree oven for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Proceed with usual quiche recipe.
I've made this 2x now, and the crust just never thoroughly cooks, next time I will use less flour, half a cup and it is hard after being in the fridge, I usually let it thaw for half an hour or so before rolling it out. But it's a good, easy and very quick recipe (I'll keep using it until I perfect it)!
For some reason it didn't quite work! After being in the fridge for 3 hours the pastry was VERY hard and I had to get my husband to roll it out as he has more muscles! After freezing it for 45 minutes I put it in the oven and the sides of the pastry were quite soggy & sunk down (so it ended up just being pastry on the bottom). Once cooked with the quiche mixture the pastry was still quite soggy...but otherwise nice!!! Don't know what I did wrong as I followed the recipe best I could!