Besan (Chickpea Flour) Pastry
This is such a healthy pastry, and has a nutty savoury taste. I use it for all kinds of vegetarian pies and tarts, either as the shell, or as the pastry top/lid.
- Ready In:
- Whizz the flour and salt together in a food processor.
- With the motor running, add the olive oil and process until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add just enough water to form a malleable, slightly sticky dough.
- Roll out the pastry as needed on a floured board, or between two pieces of cling wrap.
- To bake a bind (before adding a filling): prick all over the pastry with a fork, cover the pastry with a layer of foil and place either pastry weights or some dry beans or rice on the foil. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes, remove from oven, take off the foil and leave to cool, before proceeding with the filling of your choice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 5 more