This is a wonderful light dinner served with a side salad, or great served as a brunch also. It is delicious served warm or hot, and just as delicious served cold too! You can also make this in a spring form pan for a nicer presentation, and cut into a wedge shape. Serving size is only estimated, it depending on how large you slice the pieces. If desired green olives may be substituted for the black, or use both!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water or 1 cup vegetable bouillon granules
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3-1/2 cup chopped green onions or 1/3-1/2 cup scallion
- 1/2 cup black olives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers or 1/2 cup finely minced sun-dried tomato
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill (or to taste)
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or a 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- 3In a large bowl, blend together flour, baking powder and garlic powder.
- 4Stir in the water or vegetable bouillon, oil, half and half cream and eggs; mix well to combine.
- 5Fold in the green onions or scallions (if using) olives, roasted peppers (or sun dried tomatoes if using) salt, pepper, dill and shredded cheeses; mix to combine well.
- 6Transfer/spoon into prepared loaf pan.
- 7Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- 8Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until set.
- 9If serving this hot, allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving.
- 10Refrigerate if serving later to serve cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quiche Loaf Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.4
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 212.3 mg
- Sodium 985.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 19.4 g