Recipe by internetnut
This came from McCormick. I have not tried this recipe.
Top Review by Mindy2
I picked this little kit from McCormick a couple weeks ago. This was great! I substituted 1 pound chicken breasts for the hamburger (forgot the onion) and it turned out great! I also drained the corn because that is what I am used to doing and it was just fine. As stated before, it does heat up very well. I
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 3⁄4 ounces whole kernel corn, undrained
- 4 1⁄2 ounces chopped green chilies, undrained
- 6 tortillas (9-inch)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onions in a large skillet on medium-high heat, drain. Add tomato sauce, beans, corn and green chiles mix well. Stir in all of the spices (except red pepper). Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low simmer 5 minutes. Add red pepper to taste, if desired.
- Spread 1/2 cup of beef mixture on bottom of 13x9x2"-inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top with 3 of the tortillas, over lapping as needed. Layer with 1/2 of the remaining beef mixture and 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes or until heated through, let stand 5 minutes before serving.