Old Bay Spicy Shrimp Scampi
This recipe originally came from McCormick. The dried herb McCormick's version is pratically perfect but recently, I tried substituting fresh herbs for the dried version and it was amazing. My children don't like shrimp, but they love the pasta tossed in the sauce from this dish. I've substituted chicken for the shrimp also which they love.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked
- Combine Old Bay seasoning with spices, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Add shrimp; turn to coat throughly. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir shrimp mixture 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and curl up.
- Serve over pasta.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
We really like this! I followed some other reviewers suggestions and used 1/2 of the Old Bay spice - other than that, followed the recipe very closely. Used whole grain Angel Hair pasta, and added cayenne pepper at the table to spice it up a little more. My wife thought that maybe it could use a vegetable of some kind mixed in - broccoli florets perhaps? Also might try it next time with all the Old Bay spice just to see how it changes. At any rate, we all like it!