Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best--topped with HEINZ chili sauce before baking!
Make and share this Quaker Oats Prizewinning Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except chili sauce. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Press into an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Zigzag top of meatloaf with chili sauce.
- Bake for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Drain and let stand 5 minutes before serving with more chili sauce on the side.
This is my favorite meatloaf recipe. I like using V-8 rather than tomato juice.
I have been making this recipe since I was a girl! It's one of my favorite comfort foods! Thanks for posting this!
I've been making this meatloaf for 36 yrs!! It's that good, the tomato juice is what I call my secret recipe!! Freeze tomato juice in ice cube trays and then freeze to not waste tomato juice. I used to use one can from a 6 pack of tomato juice cans. I can't find the 6 pack anymore. Don't know how many cube it takes to make a cup. Ice cube trays come in different sizes. Write 1 cube = ?? on freezer bag when you measure out when filling trays. Yummy!! I only put 1/2 cup ketchup on top. 1/4 cup Heinz and 1/4 cup because I was going to use mayo on a YUMMY meatloaf sandwich!!!