Recipe by Boyz 5
This recipe caught my eye while I was browsing the BUTTERBALL website. Sounds good!!!
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie shell (or your own homemade)
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk or 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream (or whipping cream)
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces english toffee, bits (3/4 cup)
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Thaw crust for 20 minutes while making filling.
- In large bowl, beat together pumpkin, sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla extract and salt.
- Beat in the milk, cream and eggs until filling is smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle toffee bits over bottom of pie shell.
- Pour in pumpkin filling.
- Place pie on baking sheet in middle of oven and bake until filling knife inserted comes out clean, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Place on a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Serve either at room temperature or chilled with a dollop of whipped cream and additional toffee bits, if desired.