Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Melt one stick butter.
- Combine melted butter, graham crackers and 1/3 C sugar.
- Pack in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine 2 pkgs cream cheese, 3/4 C sugar, and 2 eggs.
- Blend until creamy.
- Spread over graham cracker crust in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Combine 1 can pumpkin, 1/2 C milk, 1/2 C sugar, cinnamon, and salt in sauce pan, and 3 egg yolks.
- Cook for 5 minutes on stovetop.
- Dissolve 1 pkg Knotts Gelatin in 1/4 C water.
- Stir into pumpkin mixture and let cool.
- Whip 3 egg white until stiff.
- Blend in 1/4 C sugar.
- Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Spread pumpkin mixture into pan.
- Top with cool whip and chopped nuts if desired.
Fantastic! I have made this recipe numerous times over several years! People look forward to the holidays each year with a repeat performance of this. This recipe does need to be put into the refrigerator and cooled before adding the whipped topping and serving cold; and left-overs need to be kept there. Try it - you'll like it!