This is in answer to a question in the threads, have made the soup but not the rolls, soup is great. Time given is for soup only
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 liters chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, chopped extra
- 700 g peeled pumpkin, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 125 ml cream
ONION 7 BACON ROLLS
- 1Heat oil in pan add onions, bacon and garlic cook, stirring until onions are soft; stir in thyme.
- 2Reserve half the bacon mixture for onion and bacon rolls.
- 3Combine water, stock extra onion, pumpkin and potatoes in pan, simmer covered about 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- 4Process vegetable mixture in batches until smooth.
- 5Combine puree with remaining bacon mixture, chives, mustard, stock powder and cream, stir over heat until heated through.
- 6Serve with onion and bacon rolls.
- 7ONION & BACON ROLLS.
- 8Combine yeast, milk sugar in small bowl, cover stand in warm place about 10 minutes until mixture is frothy.
- 9Sift flour and salt into large bowl, add reserved bacon mixture, yeast mixture and water, mix to soft dough.
- 10Knead dough on floured board about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- 11Place dough in oiled bowl, cover, stand in warm place about 50 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 12Divide dough in 10 portions.
- 13Knead each portion until smooth, shape into rolls.
- 14Place rolls on lightly greased oven trays.
- 15Cover rolls, stand in warm place about 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 16Brush tops of rolls with a little extra milk, sprinkle with bran.
- 17Bake rolls in moderate oven about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and sound hollow when tapped.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup & Onion and Bacon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.4
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 559.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 11.7 g