Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Can be garnished with fresh cilantro and/or toasted pumpkin seeds
Make and share this Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1587.57 g pie pumpkin, halved and seeded
- olive oil
- 51.76 ml unsalted butter
- 4 large leeks, white part only, thoroughly cleaned, chopped
- 14.79 ml minced fresh ginger
- 9.85 ml minced fresh ginger
- 1419.54 ml vegetable stock, divided
- dry sherry
- white pepper
- 177.44 ml half-and-half
- ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 400. Place pumpkin cut-side-down on an oiled baking sheet. Bake until easily pierced with a fork, 35-45 minutes. Let cool. Then, scoop the pulp out of the pumpkin. Discard the skin.
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add leeks and ginger. Stir for 5-10 minutes until tender but not browned.
- Stir in pumpkin with 4 cups of vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes while stirring and breaking up solids with a spoon.
- Puree until smooth.
- Return to the pot and stir in remaining vegetable stock, salt, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, half and half, honey and sherry. Heat through.
- Garnish with chives.