2 hrs 20 mins
Chef #1169107's Note:
Can be garnished with fresh cilantro and/or toasted pumpkin seeds
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs pie pumpkin, halved and seeded
- olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 large leeks, white part only, thoroughly cleaned, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups vegetable stock, divided
- dry sherry
- white pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- ground cloves
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Place pumpkin cut-side-down on an oiled baking sheet. Bake until easily pierced with a fork, 35-45 minutes. Let cool. Then, scoop the pulp out of the pumpkin. Discard the skin.
- 2Melt butter in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add leeks and ginger. Stir for 5-10 minutes until tender but not browned.
- 3Stir in pumpkin with 4 cups of vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes while stirring and breaking up solids with a spoon.
- 4Puree until smooth.
- 5Return to the pot and stir in remaining vegetable stock, salt, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, half and half, honey and sherry. Heat through.
- 6Garnish with chives.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 26.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: