Recipe by ellie3763
From perfect entertaining: This savory dish, a variation of Sloppy Joes with a Halloween twist is very flavorful and unique. Sloppy Joes don't have to go far to look slightly disgusting and messy, and this version is sure to please all those sloppy eaters. This is also a very low fat dish that is perfect to serve to mixed company. Kids will love the sloppiness and adults will appreciate the slightly more "grown up" flavor. This is great on rolls or thick slices of French bread, my preference.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes or 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy saucepan brown the ground turkey over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions. Cook until the onions are almost soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for additional minute or two.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve hot.