- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. In a large bowl, cream together shortening and brown sugar.
- Beat in the pumpkin, yogurt and sour milk.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, sprinkle with flour, and knead until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3/4".
- Using a sharp knife, cut 2" squares and place 1" apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 min., or until lightly colored.
- Transfer to wire racks, cover with a clean towel, and let cool.