Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on a Libby's pumpkin can and have made it over and over again. It's a great fall treat perfect for dinner parties. Easy to make, looks elegant and tastes delicious.
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.78 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 425.24 g can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Butter Rum Glaze
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml water
- 29.58-44.37 ml dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease 12 cup bundt pan.
- Combine flour, spices, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated in a large mixer bowl and until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla extract and beat well. Add flour to pumpkin mixture, 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- While cake is cooling make Butter Rum Glaze. Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in rum.
- Poke holes all over cake with a long pick (I use a wooden skewer). Pour half of glaze over cake. Let stand 5 minutes and then invert onto plate. Make holes all over top of cake and pour remaining glaze over the top.
- Cool completely.
So moist and delicious! I love the flavor of the rum in the glaze. I used dark brown sugar instead of the white sugar in the glaze to give it more of a caramel flavor. I also added a couple of tablespoons of powdered sugar when making the glaze. Thanks for a great pumpkin cake recipe!
Wow, this came out perfectly! I reduced the sugar to 1/3 cup of granulated, leaving the cup of brown intact. Nice, will make it again!