Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This pumpkin bread has a beautiful cream cheese ribbon. Friends ask for this recipe all of the time and I try to make as many loaves as possible for Christmas gifts.
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, room temperature
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml flour
- 1 large egg
- 395.10 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 7.39 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 425.24 g can pumpkin puree
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml pecans
- 118.29 ml cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease two 8x4-in loaf pans.
- Combine all filling ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- In another bowl, sift 1-2/3 cup flour, baking soda, salt, spice and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, 2 eggs and 1-1/2 cups sugar, beat well. Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold in nuts and cranberries.
- Pour half of the pumpkin bread batter evenly into prepared loaf pans.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of batter, and then pour on the remaining pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10-15 minutes.
Made for the Winner of Football Pool Wk2 WTG Sherrybeth! Had to make this twice, first time neglected to take into account the higher altitude I live at. Second time added 1/4 cup more sugar and 1 tbls flour to the Ribbon Filling, and baked 20 minutes longer. At last this bread was perfect, and certainly a great looking holiday bread well worth gift giving as well as having on any table, and the flavor is just as memoriable. Thank You for a great recipe, I am adding to my Holiday cookbook as well as to my Bread cookbook.