Ribbon Nut Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and egg, mixing until well blended.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the oil, milk, eggs and lemon peel in a small bowl.
- Add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing until just moistened.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour 1 cup of the batter into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- On top of the batter, add the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover this with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan.
Join The Conversation
Deeeelish !! This is really good!! The recipe is well written and easy to follow. When you cover the cream cheese layer with the remaining batter, it does not cover the cream cheese, it kind of sinks in. I used the zest of one lemon but added about 1/4 of it to the cream cheese mixture. I did not add the nuts as DH can not eat nuts. The bread is very moist. The lemon flavor is light. Each slice looks different. Very Good - This one is a keeper. Thank you Bobtail!