Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Cooking Light December 2006
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Spread pumpkin over 2 layers of paper towels; cover with 2 additional layers of paper towels. Let stand about 10 minutes. Scrape drained pumpkin into a bowl.
- Place 3/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 3 minutes or until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla.
- Combine 3 cups of flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture and 3/4 cup buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine 1/3 cup buttermilk and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- Drizzle cake with glaze.