Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut up
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups pumpkin puree (canned is fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease and flour a standard loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in bowl of food processor and pulse a few times to mix.
- Add butter and one egg.
- Process until mixture is moistened.
- With machine running, add remaining ingredients, scraping bowl as necessary.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
5 stars all the way!!! I'm a dessert making nightmare but this was so easy and included all ingredients I had in the house. It also got me to break out my very seldom used food processor. I served this to adults and kids with fat free cool whip on top and the entire cake was devoured!!! My husband hid one piece which he promptly ate for breakfast this a.m. and said it was still fabulous! Will definitely make again. Had the whole house smelling wonderful while it baked!
I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. After 1 hour in the oven it looked cooked and the tooth-pick came out clean. I let it rest in the pan 10 minutes. Then removed it from the pan. Half of it fell on the floor :( Later when it was cold, I was slicing it to take a photo of the slices. But I saw that it was not cooked enough. Seems like I should have let it longer in the oven for the other 10 minutes. But the taste is delicious. Thanks Chocolatl for posting this great recipe :) Made for PRMR tag game
This was super yummy! All the spices went great together and complemented the pumpkin very nicely. I made my own pumpkin puree using hokkaido squash and thus had to add a little more liquid to the batter, but that was not a problem at all. I also reduced the sugar by half as we dont like our cakes too sweet.<br/>The cake baked through very nicey in the time stated and was enjoyed by all.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a real keeper with us, Chocolatl! :)<br/>Made and reviewed for PRMR Tag September 2011.
see 2 more reviews