Recipe by LouLabelle
This bread has a moist cake-like texture. The addition of pineapple just kicks up the flavors. I use Splenda with a teaspoon of maple flavoring to get brown sugar taste but reg sugar and reg pudding will be fine. The oven temp is 300 degrees. I also use the mini loaf pans. This will make 20-24 mini loafs.
- 1 cup butter (8ounces)
- 1 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 (1 ounce) boxes sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups wheat flour (I use Hodgkins Mills Graham Flour)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional) or 1 cup dried cranberries (optional) or 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray loaf pans (regular or minis)with pan spray.
- Mix together flours, puddings,baking powder,soda,salt,cinnamon & nutmeg. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl,cream butter and sugar.
- Add buttermilk,eggs,vanilla and maple. Mix well.
- Add pumpkin and pineapple. Mix just until combined.
- Add dry mix slowly to wet. Mix until just combined, scraping down bowl well.
- Add optional ingredients now.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake regular loafs for 1 hour 10 minutes, minis for about 30 minutes. Start testing at 45 minutes for loafs and 15 for minis. Bread is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over cook.