Perfect for fall. Adapted from Southern Living.
Make and share this Pumpkin Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 3 lbs peeled pumpkin, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (add this to taste; I am very sensitive to the taste of nutmeg)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Toss cooked pasta and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the leek and celery; stir/saute until tender.
- Add in pumpkin; saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil; cover, lower heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in salt, pepper, and nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Process mixture in a blender until smooth (can use a stick blender); return mixture to the saucepan.
- Add in the cream; cook over low heat and stir often until well heated.
- Serve sauce over pasta; sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.