Prep 50 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yummy Fall breakfast treat!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pancakes: Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In another bowl combine milk, pumpkin, yolks and oil.
- Add pumpkin mix to dry mix stir til just combined.
- In another bowl, beat whites til stiff.
- Fold into pumpkin mix.
- Cook on hot griddle or skillet as normal.
- Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan Cook and stir over medium heat til sugar desolves and mix is bubbly.
- Simmer about 20 Minutes til reduced to 1 cup.
- Let stand about 25 to 30 minutes to thicken.
This is a wonderful recipe!!! We made this in a group, and had sooo much fun! Followed the recipe exactly, and these are the most unique and flavorful pancakes I have ever had. The group also agreed:) Thanks so much for posting ~Manda
FABULOUS!! So delicous & flavourful, nice & light. And, the sauce is wonderful, too - perfect with the pancakes!
Delicious. Light, fluffy, quick cooking and different enough to be interesting. Just used maple syrup and it worked out well. Also had some whipped cream left over from a dessert and put that on top. Will make again!