Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
For a Dutch baby in a 10-inch skillet, double the recipe and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place ovenproof 6 or 8-inch frying pan in the oven to heat for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, flour, milk, sugar, salt, melted butter, pumpkin puree, spices and vanilla until smooth.
- Remove pan from oven and spray with nonstick cooking spray (or quickly brush with some butter), then pour the batter into the hot pan and put it back in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the Dutch baby is golden brown.
- Slide from the pan onto a large plate and serve immediately.