Apple Cinnamon Dutch Baby
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 2 medium apples
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 425°F Put butter into a 3 to 4 quart frying pan and place in oven to melt.
- While butter is melting, peel and core 2 medium apples, then cut them into thin slices.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add cinnamon and sugar to the melted butter.
- Stir in the sliced apples.
- Return pan to oven for about 3 minutes.
- Put the eggs and milk into a blender and whip at high speed for 1 minute.
- Set the blender to low speed and slowly add the flour until well blended.
- Remove the pan from oven and pour egg batter over the butter and apples.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pancake is raised and golden brown.
- Cut in wedges and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
The ingredients are basically the same as German pancakes minus the apples. I think the difference between German and Dutch is the amounts of ingredients used. I am addicted to these if I make them once. I love them with butter lemon and powdered sugar. My family have made these for decades, got the recipe from a close family friend.