Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very good Thanksgiving dessert.
- 16 ounces pumpkin puree
- 13 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, spice, eggs and sugar. Pour into ungreased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Next sprinkle with melted butter. Top with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until firm. May take a little longer.
We love this recipe! I make it several times during the autumn season and always get rave reviews. I've reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup and reduced the butter to 1/2 cup and still get great results. To make the cake prettier, I've cut the butter into the cake mix and stirred in the pecans before spreading over the pumpkin topping.<br/>Thanks for sharing this simple, wonderful dessert.
YUM!! This dump cake is really delicious! I'm a pumpkin pie lover so when I was looking for PAC2007 recipes and came across this one I knew I had to try it! So easy to make, so rich and spicy - I just love this cake!
Every time I make this, everyone loves it!! Truly a great recipe and so easy! The only thing I did was add MORE pecans!