Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this recipe in a pile of old newspaper recipe clippings. The base is a boxed cake mix but I like pumpkin so I thought I would pass this along. I have not yet made this but plan to do so soon.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin pie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- Grease bottom only of a 13x9 pan.
- In large mixer bowl, combine dry cake mix, water and 3 eggs. Blend and beat as directed on package.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- In small mixer bowl, beat pumpkin and 2 eggs.
- Pour evenly over batter. Pour boiling water over all.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.