Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Dump cake with a pumpkin pie base.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 (28 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I prefer pecans)
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 9x13" pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Melt butter.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour into the lined pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture and pat down.
- Sprinkle on nuts and drizzle butter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes (two hours is even better) before turning out on cutting board.
- Peel off foil, slice, and serve with whipped cream.
My family has been using this recipe for years! I was just going to publish it but glad you already have it on here. I have seen similar recipes, but they call for more sugar. This is plenty sweet!
Great pumpkin dessert squares! I was going through some old favorites and this is one..of many. My recipe uses 15 oz can of pie filling and more spice. Thanks for sharing.