Recipe by Marie Nixon
I had this at a potluck and was so happy to see the recipe printed out next to it. It is really delicious.
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4-1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs in bowl of an electric mixer. Add pumpkin, milk, sugars, vanilla and spices. Mix well.
- Pour into a 13" x 9" baking pan. Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top and pat down.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over the top. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until well browned and set. Let cool.