Recipe by LMillerRN
From Southern Living. Easy and delicious great for a different spin on pumpkin pie.
Top Review by erin7581
This was awesome!!! I will make this every year from now on. Definitely not low fat, but who cares! My husband could have eaten the whole pan if I would have let him. No changes needed. Perfect!!
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagebutter-flavor yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- whipped cream (optional)
- ground nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture; sprinkle evenly with pecans.
- Drizzle butter evenly over pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with Whipped Cream, if desired.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.