Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The breakfast version of the cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin puree or 1⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon dark cocoa
- 2 -2 1⁄2 teaspoons raw sugar (depends on how sweet you want it)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 clove
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Follow cooking directions on oatmeal can, and add ginger, cloves, cinnamon, cocoa and sugar immediately. After a minute or two, add pumpkin puree and stir. When oatmeal has reached desired consistency (I like mine thick and then I add cold milk later), remove from heat and add chocolate chips. If desired, add milk.
- Note: spices, cocoa and sugar are not arbitrary measurements. This recipe is entirely up to the discretion of it's maker. These measurements add a nice, subtle flavor and the oatmeal is sweet but not too sweet, which is what I prefer.