Chocolate Chip Cookie Oatmeal
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal (I use Quaker Old-fashioned Oats)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chilled chocolate chips (I keep my chocolate chips in the freezer)
- Bring water, milk and salt to a boil.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Add oatmeal and vanilla.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. They will slowly melt as you eat the oatmeal.
- For a rich cookie flavor, stir in ½ teaspoon butter just before adding the chocolate chips.
- Note: Follow the directions on the oatmeal container for multiple servings, and increase brown sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up on a farm in Southeast Iowa where I learned to garden, cook, and can with my mom. She always told me not to marry a farmer (kidding, of course), but I did in June 2007. Now I have a big garden on our farm and love to cook and can using fresh goodies from the garden. I work full-time, but enjoy helping out on the farm when I can and taking meals to the field to feed the guys during spring planting and fall harvest.