1/3 Photos of Pumpkin & Chive Damper
Damper is an Australian Bread. A very quick & simple side to make using mashed pumpkin. A beautiful golden colour when cooked, best served warm straight from the oven but will keep for a few days wrapped in plastic or an airtight container.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220.C.
- 2Sift flour into a bowl, add butter & rub in using fingertips.
- 3Blend in pumpkin, cheese, chives & seasonings. Add combined egg & milk, mix quickly to a soft dough.
- 4Turn onto a lightly floured surface & knead lightly, form into a round.
- 5Place on a lightly greased baking tray and brush with a little milk, sprinkle with extra cheese.
- 6Bake for 10 mins then reduce heat to 180.C, bake for a further 15-20 mins or until damper sound hollow when tapped.
- 7Serve warm & buttered.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin & Chive Damper
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1361.2
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 318.8 mg
- Sodium 3652.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 193.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 42.2 g