Recipe by Marie
The addition of cream cheese makes this pumpkin bread even richer and more delicious.
Top Review by ~cbw~
This is a simple and tasty recipe! I made a mistake and used pumpkin pie filling instead of plain pumpkin so my bread turned out extra sweet, but I'm still giving it 5 stars since it was still edible and that was my mistake(oops)! Can't wait to make it again with the right ingredients!(= Thanks for posting, marie!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Add pumpkin and mix.
- Add dry ingredients and blend well.
- Pour into two greased 9x5 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and place on cooling rack.