Recipe by Bake-a-holic!!!
This is a variation of the Libby's recipe and it is SO good. The filling is nice and thick. I would recommend using a mixer.
Top Review by Chef ChiSox#1
I brought this to Thanksgiving dinner, and was it a hit! Someone said it tasted like carrot cake w/out the carrots. I made it with 1/2 t of ginger and served whipped topping next to each slice. Will definently be making again!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, make filling by mixing all filling ingredients together and setting aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar.
- In separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients together EXCEPT nuts; gradually add to egg mixture.
- Grease a 15x10x1 cookie sheet; line with wax paper; grease and flour paper.
- Spread mixture EVENLY onto cookie sheet; top with nuts and bake for 13-15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched.
- Sprinkle a cotton kitchen towel liberally with powdered sugar.
- Immediately loosen and turn cake onto towel; carefully peel off paper.
- Roll up cake and towel and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Unroll cake VERY CAREFULLY and remove towel; spread filling over cake and reroll.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.