Pumpkin Cake Roll With Cream Cheese Filling
This recipe comes from Taste of Home. There are a lot of cake roll recipes on Zaar, but this is the only one that requires you to separate your eggs. I think this additional step makes the cake roll so light and delicious!
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and pumpkin, beating on high until sugar is almost dissolved.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gently fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling evenly to within 1/2 inches of edges. Roll up again. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION