Pumpkin Cake Roll With Cream Cheese Filling
This is a very moist and flavorful cake with a deliciously creamy filling. Surprisingly, it's not overly sweet. From www.McCormick.com If you like this one from McCormick, you might also enjoy from them, Recipe #391053. :)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350°F Butter 15x10-inch baking pan. Line pan with wax paper; butter paper.
- In a large bowl, mix (I used a wisk) the sugar, flour, baking powder, 2 teaspoons of the pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir in eggs and pumpkin until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place clean kitchen towel on work surface; dust with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. Loosen cake around sides of pan with small knife. Turn out onto sugared towel, wax paper-side up. Fold 1 side of towel over short side of cake, then roll up cake jelly-roll style. Cool cake completely (I did it in the fridge).
- FILLING: In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until well blended and smooth. Stir in walnuts, if desired.
- ASSEMBLY: Unroll cake onto towel. Peel off wax paper. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cake. Using towel, roll up cake and place seam-side down on serving platter. Trim ends of cake.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle cake with additional confectioners' sugar just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation