Cook1 hr 30 mins
I have no idea where I found this recipe. For the past 25 years or so this has become a holiday tradition. I have made this for bake sales and have baked it in mini-loaf pans and given as Christmas gifts. If this is baked in mini-loaf pans, reduce the cooking time to about 45 minutes.
- Cream the sugar and oil together.
- Add eggs and pumpkin, mixing well.
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture alternately with water.
- Pour into 2 well greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until tests done.
- Let stand 10 minutes, remove from pan to cool.
- Note: To test for doness, insert a toothpick off center and if it comes out clean the bread is done.
This pumpkin bread is delicious! I made a powdered sugar glaze to drizzle over the top. It yielded two loaves plus four muffins.
Great easy recipe. Next time I'll just add cinnamon and less nutmeg. Thanks!
This is a moist, flavorful pumpkin bread that's easy to make. I managed to fill 3 mini-loaves from half a recipe. Baked it just under 30 minutes or so. Can easily be made into muffins. Keeps well but it'll be eaten before long!