- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ghee or 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups water, boiling
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir rice and onion in ghee until rice is yellow and onion is tender.
- Stir in raisins, bouillon, curry powder and salt.
- Pour into ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole. Stir in water.
- Cover and cook in 350 degree oven until liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in almonds.