A wonderful meal all by itself!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain basmati rice, washed and soaked for 2 hours
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 3⁄4 cup frozen green peas
- 2 potatoes, quartered and deep fried
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- In a non-stick heavy bottomed pot, heat oil and fry the sliced onion till soft.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook until softened, stirring continuously, while it cooks.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add a little water (about 1/8 cup).
- Add all the powdered spices (masalas).
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk.
- Stir well.
- Add peas and corriander.
- Add salt, just enough for the mixture and the rice.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Stir once.
- Bring to a boil.
- Strain the rice.
- Add to the boiling pot.
- Cook, partially covered, until all the water has been absorbed by the rice.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add potatoes.
- Lay the shelled eggs on top.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with salad, yoghurt and pappadams!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 8 more