1 hr 10 mins
This Taste of Home recipe was created by Sarah Vasques of Milford, New Hampshire. Besides cutting the pastry into hearts, other cute shapes could be used for different holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2-1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (17 1/3 ounce) packages frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- confectioners' sugar
- 1In a bowl, whisk 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, salt and egg yolks.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring the milk and remaining sugar to a boil; remove from the heat.
- 3Stir a small amount into egg yolk mixture; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until chilled.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks form.
- 6Fold into custard.
- 7Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 8Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 3-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- 9Place 1 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 10Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 11Just before serving, warm preserves in a small saucepan; drizzle some onto dessert plates.
- 12Split puff pastry hearts in half.
- 13Place bottom halves on plates; spread each with 2 tablespoons of filling.
- 14Replace tops; drizzle with remaining preserves.
- 15Garnish with raspberries and confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puff Pastry Hearts
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 97.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g