Ever Ready Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal
- 5 cups flour (unsifted)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine other ingredients and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix with spoon just to moisten.
- Fold mixture.
- Put in refrigerator overnight.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans, being careful to take batter from sides and not mix batter anymore.
- Bake on bottom rack at 400 degrees for 5 minutes; then bake on top rack 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband Hughie and I are transplanted New Yorkers, now living in New England for the past 30+ years. I am retired, after 40+ years of Nursing and loving it. After 15 years I graduated last year at the ripe old age of 65 with my Bachelors Degree....I am quite the procrastinator. Hughie and I enjoy traveling, especially cruises, and we just adore our pooch, Dodger. I enjoy doing handcrafts of all kinds. Cooking and recipes are my passion. Love this website!!!